Thursday, January 10, 2019

Tracked my CICO for 365 days, GAINED 20 pounds, BUT there's more to this story (NSV?)

I just realized that today marks one full year of tracking my calories in and out using the Cronometer app and my FitBit, following the advice of this sub! I started at 5'4 160 pounds and today I'm... at 180.

Every day, I have tracked diligently, making sure I have at least a small deficit every day. Sure, a couple of days a month I've had surpluses, but I've also had days where I'm way under.

At first, I had great success - I lost 10 pounds in the first three months, getting to 150, and it was great to finally see the scales going down!

But over the next 9 months, I gained 30 pounds, which brings me here, 20 pounds over my starting weight.

Yeah some of you may have guessed it- I got pregnant!

Anyway, I'm about to pop but I wanted to say thank you to this community for all of the good support and common sense posts and comments I've been sustaining myself with by visiting here and reading daily. It's not easy to stick to something like daily calorie tracking when you're getting the EXACT opposite of results. For the past 9 months I've watched the scale gradually go up and up and up and UP. But I've kept my faith and I'm HOPING that once my little one is here I'll finally start seeing some more of the success I started out having. I was really hoping that at least keeping a little deficit and tracking carefully would prevent too much pregnancy weight gain (and my gain is within healthy limits!) so I'd say this year has been a success. I hope I can report back in a few months on how postpartum weight loss is going!

submitted by /u/tokyo2saitama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CaIsdG

No comments:

Post a Comment