Tuesday, January 22, 2019

If one more relative tells me I've "lost too much weight", I'm going to lose my shit

I was borderline obese throughout my whole childhood. About two years ago, I got my shit together, and slowly started losing weight. I was about 92KG, and now I'm 71KG. (I'm 183cm, 20 years old). It's been a long road, and I've did everything by myself. Diet, exercise, discipline, no help from anyone.

While I've almost at the finish line of my journey, the comments I get from my family are absurd. They halt my momentum and ruin my motivation.

Without fail, every week my Dad will tell me "You've lost a lot of weight. I think you've lost too much weight. You should stop". According to my (obese) aunt, I'm "anorexic". My (obese) mom agrees with her, and tells me to stop otherwise I'll be "unhealthy". Friends of my parents, (who are usually overweight themselves), will look at me like I shot someone, and then tell me to "gain back the weight" I lost.

I'll also constantly get unwanted advice, which is outright wrong. My mom asked me how many reps I do, and I told her 8 or 12 since I'm trying to build muscle. She scoffed at me, and then told me that isn't enough, "you should at least be doing 20".

I realize there's no point in blaming anyone for things that've happened in the past, but I'd be lying if I said that my childhood obesity wasn't the fault of my parents. It makes me furious, that after overcoming such a setback by myself, my parents still have the wrong mentality on weight loss. Even after the multiple health problems weight has caused them...

If you're not gonna help me, that's fine, but at least don't get in my way.

I won't let these dumb comments affect my progress, but I swear to god I hear more shit like this I'll blow a fuse. How do you guys respond to, or deal with shit like this?

(I realize the anorexic comments might give the wrong impression, but don't worry: (Edit: photo is of course NFSW) https://i.imgur.com/3wMmQzv.jpg)

submitted by /u/skthegreat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FQ0YLO

No comments:

Post a Comment