Wednesday, January 2, 2019

I’m so tired of family/friends/people giving me their opinions about how I’m losing weight.

So this is going to be a giant fucking rant, and new account for obvious reasons and will be posting here more often. Also on mobile so please forgive formatting!

The story of my weight loss, and the struggles I’ve had to deal with over the course of my life. I’m 6’2, so I’m pretty lucky but my weight has always been a constant battle for me. Growing up I was always a bigger kid (the terms were husky, big boned, or a thick boy), but I always played ball (baseball pitcher) and was on club teams/school. Playing ball kept me in okay shape, but I injured my shoulder and had to quit playing this was in high school.

Now the reason I was overweight is because my mother is an amazing cook, and I would always be guilted into eating more because of the whole “there are starving kids in Africa” blanket statement after I said I was full. I had to realize that I was over eating. So to give you an idea on my weight at 16 I was ~210 and then in college I gained the freshmen “15” and with other weight gained between my quitting of baseball to college I ended up at ~240 at the age 19. After my freshman year I was tired of being fat and made that mental switch of you have to fucking do it.

At the age of 19 I was diagnosed was ADD/ADHD (Now I recently got an official OCD diagnosis so yeah me 😂) and I got my first prescription to Adderal. It was life changing for me because not only did it help by suppressing my appetite, give me energy, but mentally as well. If anyone’s interested in that side of the story, let me know because I feel like I might have some insights that others might need to hear because my mind runs a million miles per hour and can’t stand still half the time.

Alright back to weight loss story, so at 19 and 240 I went on “extreme dieting” often doing a mix of calorie counting and intermittent fasting. I was eating ~1200 calories a day, and if I worked out I ate more accordingly. I picked up tons of healthy hobbies, but running was my biggest outlet. In the course of ~8 months I was able to get down to 165 pounds. Since I was skinny and fit I was picking up and doing all these new hobbies like MMA, soccer, and ballet (still needed my fine arts credits at university).

I will admit 165 was too tiny for me I was at a 30-32 waist and medium shirts I also got a gf and got lazy and went up to ~180. I maintained the 180-190 for ~4-5, but when I turned 25 my father became sick. I quit my life, moved back in with my parents to take care of my father before he died. During that time I was a caregiver 24/7 split shifting taking care of my father at night while she did the day. All I did was care for my father and drink beer.

I was not being healthy at all, and it sickens me looking back but i was drinking 3-4 30 racks of coors a week and really not doing anything active. Over the course of ~3 years I slowly gained wait until I was 275 pounds. Then in July/AugusT 2018 after my father passed I wanted to get back tO my old weight. I am now at 220 lbs now and lost about 10 lbs a month by mainly not drinking And mY IF/calorie counting Methods.

Well of course my family wants me to eat more or change my eatiNg habits because its “not healthy” I just want to tell them to STFU, I have done so much research and have found this works best for me. People lose weight differently and this is my method that works for me and many others.

/end rant

ThanK Y’all for letting me vent

submitted by /u/VentAboutItLIT
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2St0gYd

No comments:

Post a Comment