Friday, January 4, 2019

Impatient and obsessed about weight loss

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here, first post in this sub. I have been losing weight for almost four years now (started in May 2015), with two breaks in 2016 and in 2018, during which my weight stabilized and I was more or less eating at maintenance.

I have so far lost almost 60 pounds in the past three and a half years, and have, I think, about 30 pounds left to lose. I have a bit delayed getting back on the weight loss train but now feel determined to shed those last pounds, even though it’s a bit terrifying. Which leads me to what has been infinitely bugging me about weight loss: it makes me so impatient.

When I am in weight loss mode, it becomes an all-consuming thought. That’s why taking breaks with the weight loss here and there was necessary for me, because when I am actively trying to lose weight, I can hardly think about anything else, and just want days to pass as quickly as possible so I can get on the scale the next morning and see how much I have lost. Outside from work I usually like to go out and see friends or read or watch movies, but when I am in weight loss mode, I cannot concentrate on anything else than nutrition/weight loss content.

Honestly I feel super dumb for being unable to focus on anything else—and for being so impatient, as if the weight loss thing was taking over my whole life. Any advice from other people feeling that way? I would be curious to know how you manage to not be overwhelmed by the thought of losing weight.

submitted by /u/claravenus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TtGKuL

No comments:

Post a Comment