Sunday, January 20, 2019

Likestyle change not Lifestyle

I've heard the expression "lifestyle change" often. On LoseIt, it's in high rotation.

But what I've realized in maintaining my weight loss for 3+ years now that it's about developing new things you like. Likestyle change. It might just be a turn of phrase but success for me has been about finding healthy foods and fitness workouts I like and enjoy.

I think when you hear lifestyle change you may be inclined to think, "I'll just do the good stuff for me. I'll pick the healthy low-calorie choices. I'll exercise to be fit." Fake it until you make it.

What I've found is:

Success with everything is finding choices or activities you like. I didn't stick with choices that were good for me long term. I stuck with those I liked, enjoyed, found yummy, loved, couldn't imagine I'd ever be able to do.

To find stuff you like to eat, try more stuff! Be open to new foods. I tried a lot of stuff, tweaked my diet for months to find stuff I love. Greek yogurt with berries is my Zen. Steamed Spinach. Arugula salads. I add peppers and zucchini to everything. PB2. Steel Cut Oats. Brussel Sprouts.

Fitness is a challenge in many ways. It will take you out of your comfort zone mentally and physically. It is also like a dream when you find something you love doing day in day out.

My fitness advice, if you dream of being able to do something, shoot for it. You just might surprise yourself that you can do something. Then ride that dream and see how far you can go. Don't dismiss anything as impossible that you enjoy or fantasize about doing. For me this is running. I never thought I'd be a runner. But once I realized I could do it, there's been no looking back. I might have never really given it a shot. But, from the first time I ran 20+ minutes straight, I was hooked.

Next up, dreamstyle changes. Cause after you change what you like doing, you change what you dream of for future you.

submitted by /u/cmxguru
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FHNxP1

No comments:

Post a Comment