Monday, January 14, 2019

Losing weight with hypothyroidism - Advice is very welcome!

Hi guys, so I have started my weight loss journey (again) and think I have finally found a good combination that I can do long term. I do 16/8 (so intermittent fasting) plus calorie counting, plus trying to eat as healthy as possible while still allowing me now and then "treats" as long as they fit into the calories I consumed. I am trying to do about -700 calories a day and bought a fitbit to track how much I approximately burn. I am doing this since the 2nd of January (not 1st as I don't believe in new years resolutions ;P). However even though I am eating every day a lot less than what I burn, I barely lose weight (600 grams in total so far). Which is the experience I made with every weight loss so far. I know a lot about nutrition and when I say I eat healthy, I mean I eat really very healthy and a cheat meal for me is a home made pizza (I don't like fast-food nor am I big into sweets). I love vegetables and I was vegan for a long time where I informed myself a lot about nutrition, what's in what and what the body needs and I use Chronometer to track my intake, as I like the way it tracks the micro-nutrition. My diet is pretty good, if I may say so :) Sport is something I am working on. Currently I am trying to find a gym I can afford (they are very expensive here) and I am planning to take up running again (well 40 seconds running, 1 minute walking to recover :P), I am just not very good with bad weather and right now it's not looking good over here. I even revived my youtube channel again to motivate myself and keep at it.

Now whenever I did diets with people together they lost weight much faster than me, even though diet and exercise was pretty much the same. I do have an under-active thyroid though and I think this might be the reason I am not able to lose weight the same as other people. I find it very frustrating putting in the work, being hungry, restricting myself from foods I like (mainly rice and bread :P) and not seeing the results. I watched some youtubers who all said increasing their medicine helped them, but my doctor said my blood looks fine and there is no reason to increase my meds. Does anyone have any experience with this and has a tip besides increasing the medicine?

submitted by /u/RhonaVarek
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AIYWd6

No comments:

Post a Comment