Monday, January 7, 2019

Lost 17 lbs 10 months postpartum

I started off at 225 when first finding out I was pregnant. Definitely not where I wanted to be, but my goal was to not gain more than 20 lbs during the pregnancy. After birth, I weighed 235. I put off any ideas of weight loss because I feared losing my milk supply. Now that we’re reaching a year of breastfeeding, I felt it was time to start getting serious about weight loss and exercising. I’d really like to be at a healthier weight before trying for #2 in a year and a half. Being overweight while pregnant ended up resulting in gestational diabetes which then resulted in a C-section since baby was too big for delivery.

I’ve been working out for 3 days and was afraid of stepping on the scale. I feel heavier than ever before, my pregnant clothes fit tight and wonky. But, I weighed myself yesterday and I’m down to 217. I hate admitting that I reached the point where I felt like I’d never see the 100s anytime soon. I’ve been stuck at the 220-230s for almost 5 years.

I tried doing a low carb diet, but noticed that my milk supply was very affected by it. I still have to maintain an 1800-2100 range until I’m no longer breastfeeding, but I’m hoping that even with all of these calories I’ll still be able to lose more weight.

But seeing myself under 220 was the boost of confidence I needed.

submitted by /u/Mimmerzzz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FdW9M9

No comments:

Post a Comment