Thursday, January 3, 2019

Maybe losing weigh won't solve ALL of my problems... But it's a start, right?

<VENT ALERT>

I'm relatively new to this forum but I am not new to the way of the diet..

This will be the third time that I've lost the same amount of weight in 10 years. I realize now why I wasn't able to keep it off before.. The first time I lost the weight, I was eating way too few calories with no plan for maintenance. The second time was due to the fact that I had nothing but gym time to my disposal and after getting into a new relationship I switched ships and settled into the comfortable life with my new boyfriend. Now, I know I need to find a nice middle ground to keep myself at my goal weight. I need to acquire cooking skills as well as learn to make time for light daily exercise. But, that's not really why I'm writing this. I'm writing this because I have always had this ideal for my life. The 'if i looked like Barbie then I could also have the dream house' fantasy, and it seems to have gotten worse now that I can conveniently compare myself to people *that I would have otherwise forgot about* through social media. I'm constantly comparing my life to that of my thinner friends and acquaintances. I realize that I am only seeing a very distorted version of their lives but it still makes me feel like I am inadequate- and as bad as it sounds it's one of my main motivations for losing weight. I want to be a better me. If I had the Disney princess body then I could marry the prince and all of my problems would be solved. Not realistic, I know... but I have no idea how to train myself to think of other positive reasons to lose the weight.

This journey seems to be so much more than just cocooning. It's only been a few weeks of dieting so far- but there is so much emotion wrapped into it. Anyways down to the meat of this word vomit-- I have a few questions for you all:

Q1: What has been the most challenging problem you've personally faced on your weight loss journey? How did you (or plan to) overcome it?

Q2: What motivates you to continue losing weight or maintain?

Q3: How do you become body positive when you don't like yourself very much?

Q4: What problems did losing weight solve for you?

Q5: What problems did losing weight not solve?

Q6: What was the greatest skill you learned while on your journey?

submitted by /u/ExoticTerm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VtdDcP

No comments:

Post a Comment