Monday, January 7, 2019

Needing inspiration to look at when my mind makes me believe I can’t do it

Hey everyone! I’m a 20 yr old female that had struggled with obesity my entire life. I was an average sized toddler but then i almost died a few times from asthma attacks and they started me on rigorous medications that just packed on the pounds. Ever since then i have always been bigger than the rest of the people in my life. Then i started college and it got way worse. I had so much motivation to do well but then my grandfather passed away. It was really hard for me and my family. My mother has mental health issues and she projected her hurt feelings onto me instead of trying to cope. Anyways, i moved into the dorm and got a roommate that was my complete opposite. It seemed like it would be hard but we grew to be best friends. Then by the end of first semester, she dropped out and moved back home. The best friend that I’ve had my whole life also attended the same college but she has a friend that doesn’t like me so she told her a bunch of crap that caused a huge divide and almost completely ruined our friendship. We didn’t talk for months. Not to mention that I lost all my happiness and motivation so my grades began to suffer. So i had all this loss in my life and nobody to talk to. I turned to food. It became the highlight of my day. I could control what i did or did not eat. There was always going to be food so there was no chance of being alone. I would just stuff my face and binge watch Netflix constantly. Then a few months later, i was diagnosed with PCOS. This hit extra hard because not only does it create an extra battle for weight loss but it also means that there is a chance I’ll never have kids (my case is quite severe). This just sent me into a deeper depression and i began eating even if i was full. It was like some kind of mental blocker. I’ve always been that person that gets randomly motivated, works out for a week or two, eats salads and granola and thinks it will finally be my turn. But i always manage to lose that motivation. I want this time to be different. I need to lose weight for my health. I need to lose weight because there is just too much this world has to offer that i can’t do because of my weight and health. So if anyone can provide some motivation, inspiration, tips, ideas, words of wisdom, anything really, that would be amazing.

Side note: my best friend and i are now extremely close again because we talked it out and i explained what happened. She has always been a big girl like me but this past year she did a crazy crash diet that sent her body almost into failure and she ended up almost dying and almost being completely paralyzed but she lost the weight and now that’s all anyone talks about. She is basically a part of my family and she is over pretty much any time i am home. The only thing my family can focus on is how skinny she is now. I’m jealous because now even my own family doesn’t see me as anything other than “the fat one.”

submitted by /u/sharkbrain17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SHceO6

No comments:

Post a Comment