Monday, January 7, 2019

(SV) Weighed myself for the first time in a LONG time, knew I had lost some weight but didn't realize how much. I thought the scales were lying!! I am now the lightest I have ever been in my adult life, by some distance!!!

First things first, I have been a follower of this subreddit for some time now and you all are genuinely an inspiration to me. Becoming a member of r/loseit was one of the best things I have ever done and genuinely don't think I could have done it without.

When I first decided that I wanted to change I was at my heaviest at 227lbs at the age of 19. I am now 21 and weigh 186lbs. This also means for the first time in my life I am now at a healthy BMI. Over the past couple of years changing my eating habits has been on my mind. I did not stick to a strict diet and some months I will have lost weight a lot more than others. I started off wanting to lose weight for the simple reason to look better. I don't think that there is anything wrong with this and recently I have been getting comments of people I had not seen in a while saying how well I looked/how much weight I lost. Undoubtedly it's nice to hear these things, however I have come to realize the greatest satisfaction for me is feeling better in and about myself. I have come a long way and still got some more to go but my god the feeling of disbelief and ultimately realization of what I have achieved was quite an emotional one. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS LIGHT SINCE I WAS A KID!!!! I just cant believe it and like I said I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Before today the last time I weighed myself was late August 2018 and I was 208lbs. The last few months have been my best for sure and I didn't even realize! Here's to the next few months of hopefully similar progression!

Here's what I have been doing the last few months:

  • Intermittent Fasting - I had been using IF on and off for the last few years however started sticking by it religiously the last few months. I would not eat at all during the day and eat practically what ever I wanted for my daily nightly meal. I however didn't track my Calories but were calorie conscious of what I would eat. As I only normally eat one meal a day it would take some feast to consume enough calories that went over my TDEE. I wouldn't really advise this as I have seen the amount of success people have got from tracking CICO but this suited my lazy student budget lifestyle.
  • Drinking Water - Like I mentioned above I have been following this subreddit for a couple of years. One thing I learned very quickly is that water is your greatest friend. Water became a staple of my lifestyle right at the start of my weight loss journey. I have gone from not drinking much water at all to actively enjoying drinking it. I can either taste differences in bottled waters and tap waters from different areas. I still drink the odd diet soda and sometimes the odd non diet but this is only when I feel like it which is rare these days.
  • Exercise - Fortunately I was brought up playing sports and developed a love for exercise at a young age. I still carry on with some sports and also go to the gym. However I see exercise a leisure not a chore which I am grateful for. There have been days when I didnt want to go to the gym and I have gained motivation from you guys on this sub. Im enjoying exercise even more now I have lost weight and I am starting to develop a passion for the gym which I have previously not had.
  • Making it sustainable - one thing I have learned about weight loss is that the key to success is doing it in a way that is sustainable. This means it can take a while which is something that I didnt want to happen. But getting on those scales today and seeing my weight that low has made me realise it's not been that long at all. Have cheat days, enjoy the odd soda because it does take time but it is definitely worth it in the end.

Thanks to anyone who has read this, I just felt super proud of my self like you guys make me feel all the time. If this post helps just one person gain a little inspiration I will be very happy indeed. Also any questions please feel free to ask. KEEP GOING LOSERS YOU ARE THE BEST!!

submitted by /u/samangell
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Aybcgg

No comments:

Post a Comment