Thursday, January 24, 2019

New to the sub, no stranger to dieting

Hi all I’m 30, male, I’m at 208lbs right now and have been trying to crack the 200lb mark for a little while now. Some backstory. I’m 6’1”, large frame, broad shoulders, naturally muscular, a healthy weight for me is 180-190. That was the weight I was at until I hit 26 or so, I put on a bit of weight when I took an office job and went up to 245. I dropped a good chunk of that before I got married and have been pretty successful in keeping it off for the last two years. I stopped my weight loss routine(simple calorie counting) shortly before the wedding at 205lbs. My weight has fluctuated between 200 and 215 that whole time.

Now I’d like to get serious and hit the goal that I set for myself(185lbs). Ive made a few attempts since the wedding to get to my goal but I’ve always lost motivation before dropping below the 200lb threshold. I’ve been at it since the new year and have dropped 7lbs since then. I’ve been doing just calorie counting and have started walking and biking more as weather permits. My motivator now is different than looking good for my wedding. My 30th birthday brought me some grey hairs, so I’m more interested in my health! I realize I’m still young, but grey hairs were a wake up call that I should start taking better care of myself sooner rather than later!

submitted by /u/incredulous_lemur
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FL3e7T

No comments:

Post a Comment