Thursday, January 24, 2019

NSV

I'm trying to be more positive in my weight loss. I'm 5'7" and 165 lbs. About three years ago, I was steadily 148lbs. Then I gained 25 lbs. Then I lost 25lbs. Now I'm back to 165lbs. And I'm very, very mad at myself for not intervening sooner. However, I've accomplished some milestones the last month:

  1. I've started eating better. I eat a 70 calorie yogurt for breakfast. For lunch and dinner, I tend to have roasted chicken and veggies (brussel sprouts, squash (yellow), zucchini, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes). I love chicken thighs, but I'm realizing that they contain too many calories, so I might switch to breasts or drop meat from my rotation for lunch.
  2. I've stopped eating out a ton. I now eat out once every two weeks and I try to make it my only meal of the day (yogurt + apple for breakfast and lunch)
  3. I only drink tea (no milk or sugar), water, kumbucha, or seltzer. I'm very hydrated.
  4. I've gone to the gym at least 3 times a week for the last month. Each session is 45 minutes on the elliptical. I'm so proud of this because I am working on my PhD, teaching 20 hours a week and working 20 hours a week through a third job. But I get to the gym!
  5. I walk to and from work now, so I walk at least 50 minutes day.

I haven't lost weight during the last month, but I know why. I measure my food using a food scale but sometimes I sneak a brownie. As a result, my 1100-1200 calorie day becomes a 1500 or 1600 day. I'm not buying chocolate anymore, so problem solved.

This has been really hard, but you all have encouraged me with your posts. I may not have counted these changes as victories if not for seeing the NSV posted here.

submitted by /u/GlitteringExit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DwEXQL

No comments:

Post a Comment