Thursday, January 24, 2019

Started Weight Loss Challenge at Work

Hey All,

I don't expect you all to care too much about this, and I'm honestly not sure what I'm hoping to get out of typing it in the first place except to psych myself up. I started a weight loss challenge with a few other guys at work. We're going for 12 weeks and whoever loses the highest percentage of body weight will be the winner. I feel like I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here since I'm almost 100 lbs. heavier than the other guys, but I'm determined to do my best regardless. I've never done a weight loss challenge with anyone but myself so I'm hoping having to weigh in with other people will give me the motivation I need to finally become a not-so-enormous human being.

I've committed to going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I usually do about 15 minutes of weight machines in order to strengthen the shoulder I broke last year, then go on the elliptical for an hour. I've been getting over 5 miles consistently which I feel is pretty decent. Plus I end up covered in sweat so I figure that's a good thing. lol. I've also changed my eating habits. Getting salads instead of burgers, not going back for seconds when I know damn well I'm already full. Hell I even resisted having a doughnut when my boss brought them in and stuck the box right next to my desk all day.

We're only a few days into week 1, and I've lost 2 lbs. My goal is to be down to 270 by the end of this, which will be the lightest I've been in longer than I can remember. If I can keep a pace of about 4 lbs. per week, I'll make it there. Added bonus, the wife and I are taking a vacation to Disneyland shortly after the challenge ends, so I'm hoping I'll be able to fit more comfortably in some of the rides. I got turned away at Harry Potter Land in Universal Studios due to the safety bar not being able to fully close, and that was pretty much the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me. I fully intend to never have to worry about that again.

At any rate, thanks for reading my ramblings. I really hope that I can stay consistent. If there are any pointers you can give me, I'm more than open to them. I'm encouraged by your stories of success, and hope that soon I can create a similar post. :)

submitted by /u/couldbeworse54
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RRCFVf

No comments:

Post a Comment