Wednesday, January 16, 2019

NSV: Great dinners don't need to be high in calories!

So I'm making this as a NSV because it helped a friend realize that he doesn't need to sacrifice quality or a feeling of fullness for weight loss.

My friend (call him F) is very overweight. He's been trying many different diets, but doesn't stick to them. I think he gets discouraged because the results aren't very fast, he's miserable eating, and there's just a ton of work without a lot of result. I keep telling him to stick with it for longer than he is (he usually gives up after a month), but he has gone through CICO, Keto, Atkins, Paleo, South Beach, and probably others.

Every week, we have game night. I make dinners that are big and filling and he usually isn't a fan because they're laden with veggies... But last night i made a slow cooker Tuscan chicken with a cream sauce and a bunch of veggies. It's a huge hit with him. He's full after one bowl. I portioned the servings equally, resulting in no leftovers, and each portion was ~500 calories. He was floored when he found out.

Easy to make dinner, crock pot meal so no worries about being at work all day, and still it can be filling without breaking 500/bowl. I'm hoping this can be an inspiration for him.

I can DM the recipe for those who want it.

submitted by /u/TinHawk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RzpFTZ

No comments:

Post a Comment