Sunday, January 13, 2019

[NSV/SV] 3-Month Update: Down 40lbs (373 to 332) and already noticing positive life improvements

Like many of you, I've struggled with my weight for a vast majority of my life. I've always been that big kid in class, and it's caused me to be a very closed-off person in general, even though I tend to have a social personality. If I was talking with a group of people, anytime something about weight or health came up, out came the phone to pretend to not be paying attention. When someone invited me to do something active with them, or something that would possibly cause the effects of my weight to be revealed to others, I came up with excuses for why I couldn't.

Well, it's now 3 months into my weight loss journey, and while I'm still a big guy, I already feel so much more free - free to do what I want, free to express myself, and free to feel vulnerable knowing I don't need to compensate my weight by trying to be perfect in every other way. It's truly been eye-opening to me just how closed off I was; I always thought of myself as being good with people, but it turns out that while I had a lot of professionalism, which is certainly good and can make communication clear, it's just not suitable for friends and social talk. As weird as it seems (as it would appear unrelated), since I've started dieting, I've felt more comfortable giving and receiving compliments or gifts, I've felt a lot more expressive with my emotions, and I just feel better being more honest about how I feel to friends. I've become less defensive in conversations too, which is a downfall in interpersonal communication I've dealt with for my whole life, and all of this has caused me to be a lot more enthusiastic about my future as I finish up my college degree!

This is all to say that if you're struggling physically, mentally, socially, or in general confidence, healthy dieting can not only cause physical weight to be lifted off your shoulders, but the mental weight often melts away alongside those pounds dropped. I never thought I could make the progress I have, as I've tried and failed many times in the past, but IT CAN BE DONE! YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!

Edit to include more dieting/personal details:

Details about me:

  • 22 years old and senior in university

  • Male

  • 6' 3"

Details about weight loss:

  • Diet is CICO-based: around 1500-1700 cals per day

  • Breakfast generally consists of 1-1.5 serving size of cereal with milk

  • Lunch is usually a sandwich with low-carb bread, a serving of turkey or ham, and a slice of cheese with mustard

  • Dinner: I'm a lazy college student so usually Lean Cuisine-type meals because they're easy and pre-portioned

  • Exercise: I try to go to the gym twice per week and do 30 mins of cardio. Will transition to adding resistance training later in the weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/loserofweight101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FwYmSM

No comments:

Post a Comment