Monday, January 21, 2019

Playing the "long game"

I’m one of the many for whom this isn’t our first attempt at weight loss. I’ve yo-yoed now several times, and so this time my focus is on the “long game.”

I see so many posts lamenting "only" losing 5 lbs this week, or some such. I lost 1.6 lbs this week, and I was thrilled. Would I love to get to goal sooner? Sure, but what I'd REALLY love is to see myself 5 years from now, having maintained for a long time--a feat I've never accomplished.

That's why I'm committed to building habits that will last for life. Exercise and eating concepts that I can do not just for the short term, but forever. I'm a long way from needing to worry about maintenance, but the people that inspire me at the gym are not the "swole" people, but the 60, 70, and 80+ year-olds that are clearly trim, fit, athletic. They always seem to carry themselves in such a way that suggests they've been at this a long time, and that's the model I aspire to!

I so appreciate this sub for the support we give one another—so just wanted to take a chance to thank you all and to encourage us all to play the long game!

submitted by /u/simplifykf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2sGXMKN

No comments:

Post a Comment