Thursday, January 10, 2019

Podcast that’s really helping me

Long time lurker! Like most of us here, I’ve struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. I’ve been gaining and losing the same 10-15 lbs for the better part of a decade, with my ultimate goal being to lose about 35-40lbs. Over the past decade, I’ve consistently been a member at at least one insanely expensive boutique fitness studio (sometimes two at a time) so I could do boot camp, power vinyasa, cycle, HIIT, barre, Pilates... I did two a day HIIT workouts for a month. I’ve done three half marathons and a Tough Mudder. I’ve tried whole 30, Keto, tracking in MFP, all at least a handful of times. I’ve tried phentermine three times. I’ve tried saying fuck it, I don’t care what the scale says #bodyposi #HAES (spoiler: I DO care). I’m not stupid, I’m not lazy. I know that eating more than I burn makes me fat. I feel like food and my weight are a constant battle and I’ve been exhausted and overwhelmed and frustrated for so long that I don’t remember a time that I didn’t feel like this.

I say all of this because while I’m so inspired by everyone’s posts, there’s still a part of me that’s so discouraged. Sometimes it feels so hopeless knowing I’ve tried and failed so many times while others make it seem oh-so-possible with their success stories.

So I wanted to share what’s been sort of a lightbulb for me. My boyfriend suggested CBT because there’s obviously a thought pattern that’s not working for me. I decided to see if there was any resource out there that was like CBT but less expensive and without the schedule commitment (weekly therapy on top of everything else would be challenging for me). So I stumbled upon this podcast called Weight Loss Made Real on iTunes. It’s been sooo helpful. I can’t even begin to describe it. It gets to the root of your thought patterns and habits.

Anyway, if you identify with my post at all, Please check out the podcast. I just had to share because it truly seems like a light at the end of the tunnel. Weight loss seems so simple — eat less, move more. But there are so many other little things that make it difficult to get lasting results. I know my thought patterns and habits are at the root of it and the podcast is helping me systematically identify my barriers and work through them like therapy. I’ve been listening for about a week and I’ve felt inspired in a way that I haven’t felt before. I hope it helps you too!

Good luck everyone!

submitted by /u/AnarchyBurger911
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2THcNHU

No comments:

Post a Comment