Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Rewarding my brain and not my body for far too long!

I’ve been battling with my weight for about 6 years now. My food habits growing up were poor and that continued into adulthood. I’ve made countless excuses for my weight without taking responsibility for what I can control. At the beginning of this year I felt like I had an “ah ha” moment. I was spiraling out of control because I assumed I had no control; but the fact is, I’m the only person who has control of what I put in my body. I feel like I’ve been rewarding my brain (eating sweets, bad habits, fast food, laziness) and neglecting my body. Realizing that has made it so much easier to make good decisions. I read somewhere about living for your future self and not just your present self and that has been a huge motivator. When I feel myself getting a craving I focus on what my goal is instead of my emotion in that moment and it usually passes. I’m only at the beginning of my weight loss but joining this subreddit has given me so much hope and confidence. Thank each and every one of you that have taken time from your journey to share your progress so that the rest of us don’t feel like we are on this journey alone!

submitted by /u/Dmd812
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QR1ICn

No comments:

Post a Comment