Thursday, January 17, 2019

Some tips from person experiences regarding plateau and binging

Hi, just want to share some tips on issues I had throughout my weight loss journey. Disclaimer: I am not a dietician nor nutritionist. These are from my personal trial and errors. If you do have a serious issues regarding these problems, please seek help from a professional.

Plateau: The most annoying thing when it comes to weight loss, at least for me. Everything was going smoothly until BAM, you are not losing any weight even when you try to restrict even more. Through scientific research, the cause of it is due to your metabolism slowing due to dieting. This is because your body has less mass which means it needs less energy to support the basic functions and activities. Since you are consuming less food, the energy used to process food will also decrease, thus, resulting in a lowered metabolism.

My solution: previously, I tried to lower my caloric intake even more, but the results were not ideal. I felt horrible too, both from not eating enough and discouragement from not losing weight, eventually it led me to binge eating. Later, I discovered something called “re-feeding” after listening to a couple of Stephanie Buttermore’s videos. So the next time I got a plateau, I tried to re-feed (eating at maintenance) for a couple of days before diving back into my diet. I didn’t gain any weight from eating at maintenance, and after going back into my diet, the weight just came right off.

Binge eating: I had this terrible habit, as mentioned before, when I feel discouraged. I would get all the food I wanted and eat over 3000 calories in one sitting, and feel bad about it which led me to not eating for the next two days.... Looking back now I think I had some early symptoms of binge eating disorder.

Solution: So the issue is feeling discouraged about not losing weight, and I want to eat all the yummy foods I am not suppose to eat when I am on my diet. I discovered this YouTube channel (there are many similar channels) called HighCarbHannah. She recreates popular comfort foods with low calories and healthier alternatives. I started making my own ice cream, chocolate, chips and so on. Also, in my mind, if I really wanted to eat chicken strips that night, instead of buying 6 of them, with fries, with onion rings, with cheetos, and losing control of myself and eating all of them in one night, I only bought 2 strips along with a little bit of potato wedges. I thought just having a little bit of the chicken strip will help me curb my desires. I divided the 2 strips and wedges to accompany my meals for the next day. This also helped me with my snacking problems because I was thinking “I get to eat this yummy lunch/dinner later so I want to save my stomach for those”. Thus, the 3000 in one sitting turned into 1500 for the whole day. I was well within my caloric intake goals, and I got to eat chicken strips, potato wedges, homemade sushi, chocolate, ice cream, jello, cream in one day! Now that’s a good “cheat day”~

Anyways, I really hope I was able to help some people without them going on the wrong path I was heading, which could have led to some serious health issues. Again, the people who influenced me are Stephanie Buttermore and HighCardHannah. I am by no means doing any kind of promotion or advertisement for them. It’s just that their channels were very helpful and informative and I hope more dieter could check out before they do something crazy and harmful, on their own....

submitted by /u/RedriCap
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RxH677

No comments:

Post a Comment