Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Struggling with the final push.

It’s been 3 years and 4 months since I started losing weight. At first it was calories in vs. calories out. That worked for a long time and then I switched to macros. In these last 3 years I have been doing strength training, I’ve ran four Spartan races, completed my trifecta and have been doing CrossFit 5-6 days a week for the last year. Recently my progress stalled at 203 lbs. I’m at 19% body fat based on the calipers, I’m under 15% everywhere but my stomach which is at 32%. A friend of mine who is a trainer suggested that I begin lifting heavy to build strength, gain muscle and repair my metabolism. I’ve been at a caloric deficit 90% of the last three years. On top of this I wear a whoop band and an apple watch and accurately tracked food intake and caloric burn for a month. I averaged a 2500 calorie deficit every day and only lost two pounds, hence the metabolic damage. I have slowly been introducing 100 calories a week trying to find my new, true maintenance.

However, over the holidays my grandmother died and I went off the rails for about a week. I’ve gained four pounds in the last month but have been lifting heavy and gaining strength for the last two months. Regardless, the weight gain has mentally destroyed me. Today was the first time that I can honestly say that I have felt like giving up, I know that I won’t, but that old familiar feeling is unwelcome. I am so tired of counting calories and weighing my food and revolving my life around the bar code scanner in MFP. I honestly thought I would be done with "the weight loss" and onto maintenance by this point.

I guess what I’m asking is has anybody have any experience with this? Struggling to lose the last 15-20 pounds? Or has anybody had any experience with extreme metabolic adaptation and how did you recover from it?

TL;DR: Put my body in an extreme caloric deficit trying to lose the last bit of weight. Asking for advice to bounce back mentally and physically.

submitted by /u/PokeMasterZach
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QTXoCt

No comments:

Post a Comment