Tuesday, January 8, 2019

[SV] 70lbs down! (30/m/5'10")

I started my weight loss journey in July of 2018. I was pretty ashamed of myself. Growing up I have always been on the bigger side but I did a lot of sports and was athletic but still a little fat. Graduating high school I was about 210lbs. Since then I have gone between 210-260. I did on and off dieting and working out. The last few years I started to go even higher. I always said as long as I'm not 300 lbs I'm okay. Kept saying I'll workout and diet. Kept putting it off. Eventually we had a health day at work. I weighed 300lbs and had very high blood pressure. Me and my girlfriend of 4 and a half years also broke up around up time as well. Decided it was time to make improvements. I started off doing Keto. Keto helped me start my weight loss journey. It helped me stay away from certain foods and what not. I wanted to stick with it so going out to eat was hard because of the limited food I could have. Say what you want about the diet but it helped me change my habits. By limiting what foods I could do, I started to get creative in the kitchen and try new foods and what not. I started to see progress on the scale. Eventually when I felt I had my diet habits down. I thought it was time to join the gym. I joined after I was down about 30lbs. I started off small. Would do about 4 lifts per muscle. Be in and out in about a hour with cardio. Doing this helped me get into the swing of things and get the habit of going. I stopped doing keto now that I was over 50lbs down because my body was clearly changing with the muscle I was forming and having carbs helps. Today is the day I saw 70lbs down. I go to the gym about 5-7 days a week depending on work and have developed a lot of gym knowledge and food knowledge as well. It's fun now. Learning new ways to cook and different workouts to do. I love being active and it's been a great ride. I would love to lose 20-30 more lbs and maintain from there. Just wanted to share my story.

https://imgur.com/a/AgGWVGl

submitted by /u/clintoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SEcwFz

No comments:

Post a Comment