Friday, January 18, 2019

SV: I lost three pounds.

Backstory: I grew up in a toxic household and used food as an emotional crutch. I've been trying to lose weight halfheartedly for about three years now. I have a severely under-active thyroid (as in it barely functions on its own) and weight loss often comes in fraction of a pound increments, even with my medication. I always used that as an excuse but have since realized that even slow progress is better than no progress and I definitely haven't been 100% committed in the past.

I started taking my weight loss much more seriously last week by signing up for a gym and getting a meal plan from my nutritionist. I'm proud to say that so far I have stuck to it and have found a good accountability partner in my cousin and a friend from high school. I also have an awesome coworker that texts me every day with motivational quotes and has volunteered to slap me in the face with a head of lettuce every time I break my diet (I was joking when I said that but I'm pretty sure he's not.)

Last week, before I really committed, I weighed in at 269.0. Today I weighed in at 265.2. I know it may not seem like much for a week, but I am pretty proud of myself for making some actual progress in weight loss. No more excuses. This time I will do it.

Shout out to this sub for kicking my butt into gear!

submitted by /u/zeelizardglue
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Fz7oj0

No comments:

Post a Comment