Saturday, January 5, 2019

this is what loose skin looks like

I see a lot of posts from people who are scared to start the weight loss journey for fear of what they might look like at the end. I thought I would take some honest pics and share, because the devil you know is always better, right?

Context: I am F51, 5'4" (162 cm). I have had 3 babies. I have been as heavy as >115 kg (253 lbs) - probably heavier as I wasn't pregnant at 115 kg. I have been obese for probably at least 40 years. Whoever you are, you are more than likely younger and therefore more elastic than me! These pics are kind of a worst-case scenario, and I am posting them as encouragement and reassurance, not to fish for compliments or horrify anyone.

Here is the post I made back in Sept '18 when I reached my initial goal weight of 65 kg. I am currently 59kg (130 lbs) and according to a recent DEXA scan, 16% bodyfat.

I have been very self-conscious about the loose skin on my thighs (my belly is what it is, I have had 3 kids) and am working my ass off to build some quads that I hope will fill the loose skin a bit. I have been considering surgery on the thigh skin, but when I read how long it would take me out of the gym, I have decided to suck it up. I'll re-evaluate in a year.

Anyway, for your viewing...pleasure? This is what the loose skin on a long-term obese 51 year old looks like. I think it looks a lot better than being fat did, and it sure feels better. I hope this encourages people who are worried- the worst case is not that bad.

submitted by /u/taueret
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SF2bcm

No comments:

Post a Comment