Saturday, January 5, 2019

Today is the day.

I had a random epiphany while reading the back of a skin care product and it's completely changed my outlook in 5 minutes.

I realized I don't like soda anymore.

Two years ago I was drinking maybe two 2 liter bottles of coke per week. It was making me sick and unhealthy, and I got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. So one day, I decided to try replacing it with water - a fun experiment, at least. I kept doing it and then just forgot about it. I didn't even notice after a couple of weeks in that I was now drinking a 2 liter bottle of water almost every other day. I tried drinking coke for the first time in a long time yesterday and I didn't like it. It tasted like crap. I genuinely only want to drink water now because anything else I try tastes bad or like "too much".

I have a really, really good amount of willpower that never gets spent on anything and idles in the background. I've always felt kind of useless because of that. If I try to actively do something, I usually give up on it before I finish but if I have fun with it, or let it process in my subconscious while I focus on something else, I literally do it without even thinking about it. And that's when it hit me.

This year I'm going to do the same thing with food. No chocolate, no chips, no cake, nada. Nothing that doesn't come from the ground or live on the planet. Meat, veggies, water, nuts. Period. Starting from right now.

The trick to it is simple: Don't make it a big deal. At least, not consciously.

Every time I think about what I'm eating or food in general, I'll immediately think of something unrelated instead.

I won't calorie count, wont look in the mirror every day, wont step on scales, won't read any weight loss books or whatever else. My life will be exactly as it is right now, I just changed what I eat, that's all.

I know myself enough that after two months of this I won't even want to go back to the shitty processed junk I shove into my mouth. I only eat it because I've never not been too lazy to do otherwise, I don't actually like it. I'm genuinely excited to see what I'll look like this time next year, even if it isn't a massive change I'll be glad I made a difference.

So this is it. This post is more for me than anyone else, but thank you if you took the time to read it.

See you next year, me. And you're welcome.

submitted by /u/throwawaynumerojuan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GV46bi

No comments:

Post a Comment