Tuesday, February 19, 2019

30 lb weight loss and snarky friend?

Long time lurker on this sub. I’m 19 years old, 5’5. My starting weight was 297 lbs. As of today I’m officially down 30 lbs, weighing 267! I’m really proud of myself for the effort I’ve made since last August. I’ve been doing the CICO method, ranging from ~1550 to ~1700 depending on the day. I fell off really hard Thanksgiving to December but got back on track after the holidays. I do full-body body weight exercises 3-4x a week, I walk all over campus, and I drink mostly water. I think the biggest contributing to my weight loss was honestly logging my food, even on really bad days. It took doing that a lot to see that “hey, I really don’t need to eat any of this shit, it’s not worth it”.

My main reason for posting though is because my roommate is my best friend and she’s recently noticed my weight loss and has been very rude/snarky towards me. Freshman year (2017-2018) we made a goal to get in shape together. That ultimately failed and after that I made the decision over the summer to do my own thing because I do better holding myself accountable.

I’ve already addressed her saying that I didn’t appreciate her comments (calling me fat, saying I’m ugly, stuff along those lines). I’ve told her that I would appreciate it if she could text me before bringing food/snacks for me so that she wouldn’t waste her money or get upset when I didn’t eat them. She didn’t stop doing either of them but both instances do happen less frequently.

I’m not obnoxious about the fact that I’m trying to lose weight, I don’t weigh myself when she’s in the room. I don’t scan my food around her and when we do eat (dining hall) I’m not all “oh I’m logging my food right now”. But she’s been going so far lately as looking at my phone at saying “Oh, you’re logging your food?” And then ignoring me.

Despite all this, I can’t help but feel like she’s holding a little resentment towards me and trying to sabotage me. I’m a handful of little comments away from telling her off and hurting her feelings (which I don’t want to do but it’s getting to that point). Typically, I’d just drop her BUT we live together and will be living together next year as well so I genuinely need to solve this issue.

I’m sorry if this doesn’t belong here, I talked to my mom about it and she said that “just don’t eat all the food that she brings” and “just ignore it”. My dad says I should just say fuck her and tell her off. I feel like those are both two extremes and I’d like to meet in the middle and have some outer perspectives from people who might’ve had a similar situation.

submitted by /u/kvhjo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IkAlBp

No comments:

Post a Comment