Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Needing encouragement today

I am relatively new to the weight-loss process. I've been trying to lose weight for my entire adult life and have tried all sorts of diets. Low carb, 21 day fix, weight watchers, etc. Nothing has ever worked before so I just get frustrated and give up.

I am making an effort now, simply doing CICO. I have done the BMR calculator and gotten my appropriate deficit and macros amounts. I've been sticking with it for 37 days now (I know, it's not many) and really making what I feel is progress. I have struggled with binge eating my entire life and have been really making progress with breaking that habit. I haven't binged in over 3 weeks and I am proud of myself for that.

However, when I get on the scale, I don't see the results I want to see. I have been eating probably 3500 to 4000 calories in a day in the past, and I'm currently staying right around 2100 calories daily. My CW is 296, my SW was 299. I have been going to the gym and lifting 4 days a week along with walking on my off-gym days. Some days I feel like my clothes may be a little looser, but I'm really not sure.

I have gained 3 effing pounds since FRIDAY. I had half a piece of cake on Friday evening, and the other half on Sunday. I also had some boxed mac and cheese this weekend (1.5 cups). However, I have not gone over calories once all weekend. Yesterday was much better with no processed food and I was still up again this morning. Tried talking to a girl at my gym about it and got even more frustrated because I am so overwhelmed with what the right thing to do is. She said macros matter more than CICO, but I don't feel like that is entirely accurate for the weight loss stage I am at. Yes, for fine tuning it probably is vital to hit every number daily I would assume. But from everything I have read, CICO makes for weight loss.

Don't know if it matters, but I will be starting my period in less than a week and I know sometimes that can cause water retention. I am just SO mad and SO annoyed that I am trying very hard to eat good and go to the gym and do all the right things, but my body just says NOPE. Last week on Friday I was down to 293 and I was SO stoked. Now I'm back up to 296.8 and feel totally defeated and like I am fucking everything up.

Can anyone offer some wisdom? Because right now I am so aggravated and I just want to see some damn progress. I am so sick of being fat and want to know that there is at least a dim light at the end of the tunnel.

submitted by /u/justicebeaver89
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2NiXtPW

No comments:

Post a Comment