Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I feel awkward letting people know about my weight loss.

I’m sure some others, especially people who are already at a normal BMI but still losing weight, can relate. My BMI had crept up into the overweight category and I had been feeling uncomfortable in my clothes and in my body for a little while before cracking down and deciding to do something about it. My “comfy” weight where I feel best is closer to 135-140 lbs but I haven’t been there in a few years.

Now that I’ve lost 15 lbs it’s starting to be noticeable and actually I’ve gotten a few comments at work from my patients. I work as a dietitian- even we can struggle with eating right sometimes! Anyway, the comments were less “wow, you look great!” and more “are you losing weight? 🤔” I was a little caught off guard and brushed it off like “oh you know, my scrubs are just kind of baggy, I like to wear them more loose-fitting”.

I guess I’m kind of embarrassed to share that I’m intentionally losing weight, especially since many people would probably assume I’ve already got a handle on eating right given my profession. How do you handle these kinds of conversations?

submitted by /u/DeciduousTree
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GzTf5Q

No comments:

Post a Comment