Thursday, February 21, 2019

A couple handy things I’ve learned from losing weight that you might benefit from knowing.

I have lost 43 lbs in total, and for reference I am 5’4” so this change is pretty big. I want to share just a few of the many, many things I’ve discovered as I have been losing weight and changing my life style!!

  1. Begin to always look for the healthier option. I can still enjoy tacos when I go out, but I always order them in a lettuce wrap. I feel so much better after. It’s Friday night and I’m craving ice cream, and if I choose to get Halo Top, I don’t feel guilty! When you have the option to make a small change, do it. Those will add up.

  2. Water is one of the most important things in a weight loss journey. I probably doubled my water intake. I sucked it up, bought a Hydroflask, and set goals for myself. Drinking water keeps you refreshed, energized, and sometimes when you think you are “hungry”, you are thirsty! Also, by replacing sugary drinks/ sodas with water you save a lot of calories!

  3. Learn that it’s okay to say no. When someone brings food into work, or your friends order an appetizer and want to split it, it’s okay to say no. I used to justify unhealthy choices by saying that I’m doing it for the other person. I promise, when you begin to refuse the offer of a piece of cake at work, or anything like that, you will be proud of yourself after.

  4. Do NOT restrict yourself from “cheating” every once in a while. This doesn’t mean eat a cheat meal once a day. This means if you’ve been on track, having a cookie or some ice cream isn’t going to kill you. Indulging every once in a while will save you from going crazy when you reach a breaking point. (This goes hand in hand with intuitive eating.)

Good luck to everyone working towards this common goal! My life changed as soon as I changed my decisions, and yours can too. :)

submitted by /u/p0ptartss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Tcvre0

No comments:

Post a Comment