Friday, February 8, 2019

A Part of Me is Afraid to Lose Weight

Hey all. This isn't my first rodeo with weight loss and while I'm excited to make this time the one that sticks, there are parts of me that are afraid of what might happen when I do get down to my goal.

To put it bluntly, I am terrifed of being seen. Anyone that's been significantly overweight knows what I'm talking about. I've been fat my enitre life and I'm also hella introverted and like the invisibility that my weight currently gives me. Don't get me wrong, I have great friends and am friendly but I almost feel that might get me into more trouble. I get along with guys really well, probably moreso than girls. Some of my best friends are female but I can strike up conversation and talk to guys a little easier. Right now I'm the 'cool girl' in a lot of my male friend's eyes. But what happens when I lose weight? What happens if I become pretty and desirable? I'm already engaged to a wonderful guy and I really hate that sort of attention. The very few times I have been hit on, I get very uncomfortable and one time even ran to my car and hid until my friends were done shopping.

I know that it's much better to be healthy and I do want to lose the weight more than anything. But I am legitimately afraid of what I might have to face when it happens. Does anyone have advice on this? What about you guys, is there anything that you're afraid of when you lose weight?

submitted by /u/AshtonAmIBeingPunked
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2terzdT

No comments:

Post a Comment