Sunday, February 17, 2019

Brain Over Binge - Can I get to a healthy weight without counting calories?

Hey everyone. I don’t want to type a super long post but I do want to give a little background on myself - I am currently morbidly obese. I have been diagnosed with binge eating disorder (BED). I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum, in some ways, from when I had bulimia in my early 20s - am now 28. My binge eating throughout the years has truly negatively impacted my life in so many ways. Throughout that time I’ve had small weight loss successes - I would lose 40 pounds with Weight Watchers, gain back 80. Lose 50 with calorie counting, gain back 100. Just really dangerous and disordered eating patterns that always ended with me fatter and fatter.

I have just read Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen and I can honestly say... I think I truly relate to this philosophy more than any other I’ve seen. The idea that my binge eating and food issues were actually caused by dieting, that I can change this, that I just focus on health. It really has motivated me.

So that’s why I’m asking, is it possible to leave behind morbid obesity and get to a healthy, normal weight without counting calories, excessive restriction, or any other kind of diet?

I want to make weight loss something that is only for my health now. I’m not worried about losing weight quickly anymore, abstinence from entire food groups, or counting any points or calories. Through my experience with years of therapy and treatment plans I’ve found dieting really messes with me and I always fail.

I’m interested to get insight from everyone here because you are all success stories so thank you ahead of time for reading

submitted by /u/ofhope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Nc6xG7

No comments:

Post a Comment