Sunday, February 17, 2019

First time posting!

Hello all! First post here, I'll give a little bit of background first and then a quick question is at the end.

Back in December I weighed in at my heaviest ever (200 lbs). I had been struggling for months to lose anything, and it took almost 4 months over the summer to lose 5 lbs (which came right back with interest after I started working a miserable sedentary job). I was lifting weights 2-4x/week until November and meal prepping everything with no success.

In January I went to a holistic doctor for chronic digestive issues, and she put me on an elimination diet and did a ton of tests (bloodwork, stool samples, the works) to see if there is anything going on hormonally. I should be hearing about those results soon.

Since January I've been eating like a very strict version of Paleo with a keto twist. I track everything I eat and have lost about 9 lbs. I'm super happy with the progress thus far! This week I started adding yoga daily, but have not done anything else workout-wise.

I know that when I lift weights I tend to stall on weight loss. So would a better method be to lose some weight first, and then add lifting down the road?

I'm looking forward to hanging out more in this community! Thanks everyone!

submitted by /u/westu_hal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TUr6Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment