Monday, February 18, 2019

Getting Serious. My Day 1

So this is my official day 1.

I've told myself for a long time that I'm good at maintaining my weight. I've told myself that I am healthy enough; however, if I am being truthful I am neither. Every year or so, I manage to lose 10 lbs (probably water weight) and then start the slow climb to regain it and more. Each year I get a little bit bigger and a lot more inactive and it is affecting many parts of my life including my marriage and my kids. I need to get a handle on it before I don't have a chance.

I am a work from home dad and much of my problem is being around food all day with my kids. Finishing what they don't eat, enjoying snacks with them too much, and eating into the middle of the night to unwind after a long day while trying to get my work done.

I am trying Intermittent fasting, if only to reduce the amount of time I'm allowed to eat and get rid of the excess, and CICO to watch what I eat and how much. I am trying to give up all the junk food, and processed food that I can that eat.

So here I am, looking to learn from you all here and trying to find some accountability while tackling this alone in the real world (not to say I have no support, but I am alone in my weight loss and fitness journey). I have a lot to learn, and a lot of work to do to stay dedicated to making a change. I'll take all the advice I can get :)

oh, if anyone wants to be friends on myfitnesspal and keep each other motivated add me here https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/t00lz

submitted by /u/therealt00lz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EhdOSa

No comments:

Post a Comment