Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Hit -50lbs and a look at non-linear weight loss

http://imgur.com/x3c0Iac 10 months of CICO and Crossfit and today I finally reached -50lbs! My goal is to lose 20 more and assess at that point where I want to be. I wanted to share my MFP weight graph because I think it's important for fellow losers to see the reality of what happens with the scale. I weigh every day but only usually log once a week, usually mid week when the weekend bloat is gone.

You can see near the beginning when I started Crossfit and my body was like "WTF is happening?!" The DOMs and water weight fluctuations were real. They could have been disheartening if I hadn't researched and known what to expect. Weighing myself every day helps me understand how my body reacts to certain foods and exercise. It's helped me see how much hydration I really need (I would commonly lose 2lbs of sweat during a mid summer workout!). I know it's not for everyone. If you obsess over the scale and it causes anxiety then weighing often may not be for you, but if you can approach it knowing that it can be a tool for seeing patterns in your body you can use it to assist in reaching your goals, not just for measuring them.

submitted by /u/Jday1229
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Iocdy7

No comments:

Post a Comment