Thursday, February 21, 2019

Hitting the Wall

Hello everybody

Heres my situation: Im 185cm (6 foot 4 inches) tall, and I used to weigh 23 stone 9 pounds. I now weigh 22 stone 6 pounds and I seem to have hit a bit of a wall. My weight fluctuates between 22 stone 8 and 22 stone 4 but the average is about 22 stone 6.

I have gradually been reducing my calorie in take from 2200 a day to 2100 in order to try and encourage some more gradual weight loss but nothing seems to be working.

I log my calories and avoid the usual suspects like cake/crisps/pastries and bad dairy as much as possible. We eat a balanced diet of meals high in nutrition and vitamins with plenty of lean meat and we control our portion sizes methodically.

My goal is to reach 21 stone by August 26th (friends stag do) and I am trying to lose 1lb per week. So far I have lost 17lbs in 5 months but over the last 2 months I haven't really lost any weight. Seems like I have hit a wall and my body is refusing to adapt.

I have some questions, if you could shed some light on these below issues I would be grateful:

- Do sugar free soft drinks have any effect on weight loss or is the consumption of them not an issue?

- Does caffeine have an effect on weight loss?

- Does drinking more water have a beneficial effect on purely weight loss, other benefits aside?

- Does stress have a negative effect on weight loss?

I exercise daily (20 minutes walk) and do some weight lifting at home twice a week (2.5kg dumbells, 12 reps each arm, 3 sets each)

If there is anything else you think I should be doing please let me know, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

submitted by /u/airwalkerdnbmusic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2V9Cwt7

No comments:

Post a Comment