Thursday, February 21, 2019

I started my weight loss journey 9 months ago and am not sure how to continue

Obligatory TLDR at the bottom.

I moved away from home 9 months ago and decided to lose weight while I was starting my new adventure. In the beginning I was extremely disappointed in myself when I looked at myself in a mirror so the motivation was there from the start.

I started my journey with a target weight loss of 10lbs and because I was no longer crushing 90 beers a month it happened extremely naturally.

After that I continued to go to the gym because I was in a new city with very few friends, so I had a lot of time on my hands. I figured I would shoot to lose another 10lbs, and with basic cardio and weight lifting that happened fairly quickly. At this point I was starting to feel pretty content with where I was at after hitting my target weight loss twice, but when I looked in the mirror or at old photos I was still extremely distraught and would always have an out of this world workout the next day. I decided to keep pushing myself and shoot for the 30lb total weight-loss mark.

Fast forward another two months and I again hit my mark! I was back to being able to run a good paced 5k. It was around Christmas time and I was running pretty regularly. One night I was out drinking with some friends I had made from work and during some midnight shenanigans I suffered a devastating severe ankle sprain and was going to be out from the gym (besides basic weight lifting) for the foreseeable future.

I was crushed and assuming I was going to go back to crushing beers and being a couch potato and reverse all of my weight loss headway.

I went home for Christmas and after not seeing any family or friends since losing 30lbs I was bombarded with positive remarks left and right, "OMG you look great" "Glad you hit the gym you were really getting pretty fat" "I didn't even recognize you!" I was basically knocked on my ass with dopamine.

I decided to start learning how to control my body in the kitchen and picked up the Mediterranean diet, as my doctor told me anti-inflammatory foods with also accelerate my recovery.

After a slow recovery and controlling my diet I dropped another 10lbs, and here in lies the my problem...

I've lost my motivation from looking in the mirror and at old photos, and I don't want to lose any more weight. I've never in my life been able to maintain a steady weight and after every big life event I inevitably shift without being able to control it. I'm terrified that I will stop going to the gym and if I move somewhere that fastfood is more convenient I'll go right back to an unhealthy lifestyle.

I'm looking for any and all tips from r/loseit on being able to continue a healthy lifestyle without the only reason being that I am mad when I look into a mirror, or ashamed when girls think I am unattractive.

TLDR: Hit my target weight after starting a new adventure 1,500 miles away and no longer have motivation to keep working out/maintaining the weight I'm at. Looking for advice and pointers for maintaining after hitting my target weight.

submitted by /u/Crunchybeeftaco
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Si7X2x

No comments:

Post a Comment