Thursday, February 14, 2019

I’m down 20 pounds since January 2nd!!!

Hip hip hoorayyy! I’m so excited! I was down about 15 pounds very quickly (for reference I’m 29F, 5’9”, SW215, CW195, GW168). I lost the first 15 pounds surprisingly quickly then stalled for a solid 3 weeks despite a continued calorie deficit and exercising very hard 6 days a week. It was so so SO frustrating to not see the scale move for that long despite working so damn hard. I knew a plateau was going to happen I just didn’t think it would occur so early on in my weight loss journey. (Also, I know I’ll encounter other plateaus in the future). I posted on r/loseit about the possibilities of why I was stalling and I think my issue was about increasing physical activity quickly. I went from doing absolutely nothing in December to ramping up suddenly in January and adding in weightlifting mid January. When I didn’t see the scale budge for weeks, I got discouraged and just stopped weighing myself. I stuck with my healthy eating and exercising but just didn’t weigh. Well, I hopped on the scale today and was down an additional 5 pounds! Whoop whoop! Plowing through that plateau paid off! I guess I’m just celebrating an achievement that I didn’t think was going to happen. If you are going through a similar experience don’t get down on yourself! Stay positive! Trust the process and know that weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Edit: I can’t type worth a hoot

submitted by /u/SwampAss3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2N4ZdMi

No comments:

Post a Comment