Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Is nobody noticing your weight loss?

In January of 2016 I hit my highest weight, almost 300lbs. I decided I needed to change, and over the past three years I'd lose weight on and off bringing me down 40 lbs overall into the 250's as of March last year. In 2018 I got married, went on my honeymoon, bought my first house and my second dog. It was a very happy year full of celebrating, and I gained most of the weight I had lost, roughly ~33lbs gained from March to December 2018.

The weight gain was upsetting to say the least, basically erasing three years of work. So one of my main goals in 2019 was to lose the weight for good. For the first time I wasn't relying on grueling gym sessions of weightlifting and cardio, but purely CICO, focusing only on what I ate. In the past 43 days I've lost 20 lbs and have some serious momentum going.

But why hadn't anyone noticed? I was curious, so I dug into my historic weight tracking (huge spreadsheet nerd) and realized for as long as I've been tracking my weight (and likely for a year and a half before I started recording), I have been in the same weight range.

https://imgur.com/a/ZUv6YmI

As I made that green overlay box, I realized that only one other time (my last weight loss effort last year) did I break below this weight range, and that was the first time people ever approached me to tell me they noticed my weight loss.

The takeaway here is, if you're anything like me and have been on a loooong journey of weight loss, don't get discouraged if people don't notice your weight loss. It may be that you've simply been in this weight range for so long that until you finally get below your 'normal range' people don't notice fluctuations as much.

Keep going, keep kicking ass.

submitted by /u/yeoldthrowaway732
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2T6zJDG

No comments:

Post a Comment