Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Living for the mini-goals and already feeling like it shows

I started CICO and regular exercise on January 13. I set my starting weight to be 175lbs, since I was fluxing in the high 170s while I was home for the holidays. Since I started logging and tracking my calories and weight, I've gone down to 167.5 (-6.5lbs)! The lowest I remember weighing in recent years was ~163, so I'm just a few pounds away.

Thanks to the Love Yourself Challenge, my first goal was to hit 169lbs by Valentine's Day. I achieved that goal on February 1. That changed my next goal to hit 167lbs by Valentine's Day. I'm half a pound away! If I hit that goal any time this week, I'll probably make my next Valentine's Day goal ~165.5.

After Valentine's Day, my next goal will be to hit 162 by my birthday (March 1), so that as a gift to myself, I will be my lowest in years!

My next goal will be 159 by St. Paddy's Day. That will put me at a healthy BMI and 16lbs down overall!

My first long-term goal is 145 by June 1. This is a goal I had to set for my kickboxing class. Overall that's 30lbs in 5 months. Today I realized I'm 20% into the 5 month time period and I'm down 27% of the weight I wanted to lose, just by focusing on all these mini-goals.

I know weight loss rates can change. I know it's crazy that I'm losing 2lbs/week. (My goal is 1lb/week.) However, I keep setting these mini-goals and I see how achievable they are. It's making it easier to skip that second beer or size out my portion a little better. With each mini-goal I achieve, whether I achieve it early or on time or eventually later, I can reassess and set my next mini-goal.

Happpy Scale (and I assume Libra) are great for this because of the milestones they give you. But I'm picking my own numbers, what those numbers mean for me, and when I want to hit that number, not when I should based on my current rates.

In case anybody is curious, my BMR is 1600 and my TDEE is 2000. I aim for about 1500calories per day, but I also aim for 6-12k steps per day and 10 hours of martial arts classes per week.

submitted by /u/dinosaur_apocalypse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Tz0td1

No comments:

Post a Comment