Monday, February 4, 2019

My relationship with food has completely changed

I am a food addict.

Actually, no, I WAS a food addict.

Like so many other people, I have tried countless times to lose the weight. I have tried all the lose weight quick pills, the clubs you join to lose with other woman, and even some MLM schemes that have you drink ridiculous things to “melt the fat away” even if anything I did was successful, after a few weeks, I’d go back because I wasn’t fixing the root of the issue, my eating habits.

Growing up, our house was a fen for yourself lifestyle. My parents never cooked for us (even as small kids) and they just kept a the house stocked with ramen, Mac and cheese, sandwiches and lots of junk food and soda. We either ate everything we could, or it was gone and we didn’t eat at all. So at a young age I would eat everything because there was no such thing as portions or saving for later.

Last year I discovered this sub and with it, CICO and IF. Glorious simply truth, PORTION CONTROL. Through out the last 12 months I have attempted tracking my food and learning about food sizes and portions and weighing my food. I’d do it for a couple of weeks then slowly stop, I’d keep any weight I lost off, but i was only losing about 2lbs in two months then it would stand still.

Come December and many attempts at CICO and portion control, and suddenly something stuck. I wasn’t craving food constantly. I would eat small and be satisfied, not stuffed. I was finally eating the way I needed to and felt like food didn’t have control on my life.

I started tracking food again in January, I also convinced my husband to do it with me (it’s been a breeze for him and I’m happy for him) and I have never had such a successful month. I mean I’ve stayed under or at calorie intake goal for the majority of the month and when I have gone over because of a party or Social event, I didn’t binge, I went back on track. I’m not eating fast food, or pizza (jk I eat a shit ton on cauliflower pizza) I stopped drinking soda and I just don’t desire these things anymore! In January I lost 11lbs. That’s over 2lbs a week!

Yeah I know it’s not all smooth sailing and my weight loss will absolutely not be immediate and fast, but this time it’ll be successful. I’m not just losing weight, I am changing 28 years of bad lifestyle and bad food choices. I am losing bad habits. There is no lose weight fast scheme that can do what this community has done for me.

submitted by /u/Siansian010
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2S60ad7

No comments:

Post a Comment