Saturday, February 16, 2019

NSV: All My Exercise Paid Off

Just for a bit of background, I haven’t been actively trying I lose weight until early January. Before then, however, I had been working out in hopes of being healthier (and maybe losing a bit of weight, but i wasn’t trying hard enough diet wise to). I had been doing moderate intensity cardio about 3-5 times a week since about April 2018. No strength training save for a plank and some assisted pull ups (bee assisted I’m weakkkk)

So in pursuit of health and weight loss, I decided to pay for a few sessions with a personal trainer at the local YMCA. The first session was a free fitness assessment to see where I am physically. Now I am still slightly over weight (F18, 150ish and 5’5”). But when we took body fat percentage and resting heart rate, I was shocked. My body fat percentage was 29% overall. Still higher than it should be, but not at all bad. My stomach, my stomach where I thought I’d have the most body fat, was at 19%. The healthy range. But my resting heart rate was what shocked me. I had a resting heart rate of 62. I could barely believe it. I didn’t think the cardio I had been doing was that impactful.

I just needed a bit of a place to brag I guess. If this is an off topic post, I’m sorry. But in my quest to lose weight and be the healthiest version of myself, that was a MASSIVE victory. I’m ecstatic

submitted by /u/Kill_the_worms
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2tnH8QN

No comments:

Post a Comment