Tuesday, February 12, 2019

NSV: I felt my first real burst of energy since starting my diet and workout journey tonight.

26/F/5’8 SW: 199 CW: 184 GW: 145

It’s late, almost 1am here so I doubt many will see this but I am so excited I just need to share with someone.

I knew after the hype of “I’m working out!” died down after the first 2 weeks I would start feeling more energy from working out eventually but this last month I’ve really had to over come the urge to skip the gym. I’ve generally been a bit tired. Tonight I just really didn’t want to go. It was cardio night which is my least favorite. I sat at work all night thinking about reasons that it might be ok to skip but I fought them off and hopped on that treadmill after I was done with work.

I went at different inclines, I was finally able to incorporate jogging after having to cut it out for the last few weeks due to knee pain. It was a really great workout. I was stoked that I could jog, went at a higher incline than usual, went more then my usual 3 miles.

I left the gym and finally for the first time thought “I don’t want to just get in bed when I get home.” I arrived, played my piano for a while (which I haven’t done in a long time), then opted for a bath over a shower and ate my post workout protein bar in a nice soak. I got out of the bath and realized I STILL HAD ENERGY. I did the dishes, deep cleaned the kitchen, picked up a ton of clutter in the house, and even vacuumed! Suddenly it was 1am.

The small victories of a weight loss journey really are the best ones. Now I can get in bed and know that did something good for my body AND was productive around my house. I can wake up to clean kitchen and living space, go to work and eat the meal I prepped earlier this week, and know that I’m finally taking care of myself and it’s really starting to pay off.

submitted by /u/luckylua
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RYNJe7

No comments:

Post a Comment