Sunday, February 17, 2019

NSV- I ran 3 miles without stopping for the first time I can remember

I've always been relatively athletic. I played sports in high school, and I started lifting weights in college. But I can't remember a time in my life I've been able to run more than half a mile without my legs cramping or getting extremely out of breath.

I started tracking calories and exercising regularly after joining this sub last year. I decided to step up my cardio, and because I couldn't run long distances, I decided to walk. I started walking at least 3 miles a day on the treadmill. Then I started walking that same distance at an incline. After two months I was able to walk 5 miles at a 12 degree incline in a single workout.

Last month I decided to go for it. I had lost almost 30lbs (down to 202 from 230) since tracking my calories and exercising. I started running. I made it a whole mile without taking a break to walk or catch my breath. My legs weren't on fire, and I felt great.

Today I was able to run just a little over 3 miles in 26 minutes. It felt amazing. Though I enjoy watching the number on the scale go down, being able to run a considerable distance (or at least what I consider to be a distance) without pain or discomfort has truly opened my eyes to how limited I was at my before weight.

A big thank you goes out to this sub for your positive attitude, tips, and encouragement. I've lurked around here for a few months, and now I can contribute much of my weight loss and healthiness to you.

submitted by /u/Jeff_Skiles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DNGZe4

No comments:

Post a Comment