Thursday, February 7, 2019

NSV-My body hurts a lot less in the morning.

30F 5’3” Highest Pregnancy Weight: 233 lbs Pre-pregnancy weight: 178 lbs CW: 208 lbs GW: 140 lbs

I posted a few days ago about having 3 babies in the span of 4 years, and my history of extremely destructive weight loss efforts. This is my highest postpartum weight, and my body was in a lot of pain.

Instead of giving myself permission to just not care about what I’m eating until I’m finished breastfeeding my son, I decided to take the slow and steady approach to weight loss using LoseIt to keep track of how much I’m eating, drinking more water and cutting out caloric drinks, and revamping my grocery list over time so me and my family are eating more nutritious foods.

I’m also making it a point to close my Move and Stand ring on Apple Watch daily. I walk with my 4 year old and 2 year old in a jogging stroller and wear my 2 month old in a carrier on my chest when the weather allows. On days that aren’t so good, I try to fit in 7-30 minutes of HIIT, but I don’t freak out if life happens and I can’t fit in a workout. I enjoy being physically active and really I exercise right now to challenge myself, and it seems to be helping me keep my depression under control.

I started in January. It wasn’t a resolution (nothing wrong with those). That was just the point at which I got the green light from my OB to resume normal activities. My first official weight (clothes off, first thing after peeing) was 215 lbs. The largest postpartum weight out of all three of my pregnancies...and I have to say it threw me further into my depression. I had already resolved that I was not waiting a year to tackle this weight. Why? I was still waking up feeling like I was 9 months pregnant.

I’m nursing, so I’m most comfortable sleeping on my side and off my boobs. Well my body weight was crushing my hips and my lady parts, so I was still waking up feeling like a mob had spent all night beating me up in the crotch with a baseball bat. This was really a motivating factor in me getting myself in gear as soon as I got the all clear. I couldn’t imagine at least a year of that.

Well, I realized today that I haven’t woken up with a sore crotch and sore hips in probably the last week or so. It feels great.

I know 7 pounds in a little over a month isn’t a lot, but I’m really focusing on slow and steady to maintain my milk supply and to establish lifelong health habits. I’ve crushed 50 pounds in 3 months after my first child, but I would be lying if I said it was in a healthy way. I was in the middle of trying to lose the baby weight from my middle child when I found out I was pregnant this last time.

This time I want to do this right because my girls are watching me and listening to everything I say about myself. I’m also having my tubes tied, so I won’t be at risk of having my progress reversed by another pregnancy (though I totally admit I could’ve eaten a lot better and maintained an appropriate level of physical activity during pregnancy). I also think this weight loss journey and the excitement about the changes to come has helped me come to terms with being done with childbearing.

TLDR; I have lost 7 pounds over the course of the last month, and it has put a stop to horrible crotch pain in the morning from side sleeping with all the extra weight on my hips.

submitted by /u/LifeAfter3Babies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GgObmS

No comments:

Post a Comment