Sunday, February 10, 2019

Plant-Based Weight Loss

Hello Everyone,

Some context: I've been overweight all my life. It's been a constant cycle of diet/binge. I started trying to lose weight again on January 6th. I had been vegetarian for about 5 years, but I decided to switch over to almost entirely to plant-based (It helps me keep from binging on the day-to-day because I can't go out to eat and encourages me to eat more whole foods.) My start weight was about 296 lbs and I am now down to 284 - 285 lbs. It feels very slow. I cut my calories down to about 1500 (which is what was recommended to me by cronometer / myfitnesspal for -2 lbs weight loss per week.) I only cheated once on the new calorie count during a family celebration.

About a week and some change ago I was stuck at 287 lbs for 5 days. I had about enough of it and cut my calories even further to 1200 and cut my carbs back to under 100 g. I ditched legumes and rice and mostly ate veggies, avocados, some fruit, oats, mock meats, tofu, nuts and seeds. 3 days later, I hit 284.7 lbs. It was then that I decided it would be fine if I added back in beans as long as I kept the carbs under 100 g. Maybe it was all the rice I was eating that was keeping me bloated with water weight. The next day I was 286.4. I went back to not eating them and now 2 days later, I am 285 lbs.

Here comes the question: I feel really confused because I had been utilizing beans as a healthy source of protein in my diet. It is filling and a cheap source of nutrients. Everywhere I have looked on the internet says that they are healthy and correlate with weight loss. I really don't understand why it would lead to this proportion of weight gain and it is discouraging to say the least because I'm trying so hard to stay on track. I do want to keep incorporating them.

Has anyone else experienced this and what should I do in this situation? Am I over-reacting? Are there any alternatives I can incorporate that do not have this effect? Thanks.

submitted by /u/gymgi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2tgih11

No comments:

Post a Comment