Sunday, February 10, 2019

SV: 20lbs lost, wanted to share my journey

I began to take my weight loss situation serious about 4 months ago. I decided on not following any specific diet because I wanted to build my weight loss and future weight management around better eating habits.

My weakness? Overeating.

I love food, and I love eating. I'm also a sucker for "saving" on food, so that $1.00 in "savings" for a combo meal or a larger portion was a good deal. I don't normally snack on things like chips, but it wasn't unusual to eat two plates or a few extra slices of pizza in one sitting. I didn't realize how much I was overeating, and clothing sizes were creeping up slowly. Maybe I refused to see my weight gain, but it was happening.

What changed was that I began to slowly train myself to eat less. I used MFP to initially track my calorie intake and built a plan around that. It was seriously a struggle the first couple of weeks. Not feeling full, but "satisfied" was new to me. It was even harder to understand that it's OK to leave food on the plate. What helped was thinking that I'd be able to have three more meals the following day. In the end it helped, and slowly the numbers on the scale dropped. This motivated me to continue to be mindful about eating. I also changed my workout routine to include more walking and running. I try to aim for 7000-9000 daily steps on my Health app, anything above that is a bonus. I don't use a Fitbit or an Apple Watch, just the phone's data as a gauge for my step activity.

I want to point out that certain things did help. I don't drink soda and very rarely drink beer or liquor. I usually have coffee for breakfast and water or sparkling water for the other meals. I also keep unhealthier foods like pastries and donuts at bay, but sometimes I do treat myself to them.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/retrowings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GigjG5

No comments:

Post a Comment