Thursday, February 21, 2019

They said it’s unhealthy to lose at a rate of more than 2 pounds a week, but is it?

I started losing early January primarily through CICO. I have been eating approximately 1500 calories per day, however some days are as high as 2000 and some days as low as 1200. This has resulted in my going from about 300 to 260 in around 40ish days.

I don’t watch macros super religiously, but I have tried to be mindful. I try to avoid carbs but haven’t been scared to eat tortillas or a piece of bread if it makes sense with the meal. I didn’t want to be skinny fat so I researched protein. At my calorie limit it’s almost impossible to hit the proper amount of protein, so I supplement with shakes. I usually skip breakfast or drink a smoothie, small lunch consisting of a salad and maybe fruit, then eat lean meat and 4 servings of vegetables with dinner. Throughout the day I drink 2 protein shakes with almond milk resulting in about 150g of protein per day.

I excercise between 3-5 times a week for an hour. Generally 15-30 minutes elliptical, and the rest basic main lifts. I’m usually on my feet for 7-12 hours.

As someone who loves food and eating it for fun, I’m surprised by the fact I don’t feel like I’m starving. I don’t feel like I don’t get enough food. I am strict on eating lots of vegetables with my meat and it keeps me totally satisfied. I have eaten out probably 5+ times but just been mindful of the calories and don’t eat as much during the day if I’m going out to dinner. I have yet to have over 2,000 calories a day since I started.

My question is how unhealthy is this weight loss? It is coming off at an incredible rate, and I feel just as well nourished as when I was eating 3,500 calories a day to be at 300 pounds. Am I supposed to slow down?

submitted by /u/Uoieauoieauoiea
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U5vENC

No comments:

Post a Comment