Wednesday, February 13, 2019

What was your first step/attainable goal?

Preface: I really love that I’ve found this community. I tend to talk about my weight loss and continued journey on Instagram, and I’m sure it gets annoying for my followers. So, I’m happy to have found this sub where I feel I can freely talk about this and people engage or encourage. I talk about it a lot because it honestly is a huge part of my identity now and I know people here can relate to that.

But anyway, my very first goal I achieved when I first set out to lose weight in 2016 was to go three days without any junk food. Just three days without cookies or chips or soda. When I successfully made it past those three days, I knew I could actually follow through (like many of us, I’d tried countless times over the years to lose weight before one finally stuck.)

This would also be one of my go-to tips to anyone starting their journey; to set just one, small, attainable goal.

Another small goal I had set for myself was anytime I felt like eating out of boredom, I’d dedicate that time to my dogs instead. So, instead of going to the fridge when I was bored, I’d go to the backyard and throw the ball for my dogs.

What small first steps did you all take?

submitted by /u/maryrach
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2BvEE7e

No comments:

Post a Comment