Friday, March 1, 2019

After my 2nd baby, it took me over 3 years to go from a 30 BMI to 20. Here's some things I wish I knew during my first attempts at weight loss.

Progress pic: NSFW

https://imgur.com/a/3zAMqMu

First of all, I am agoraphobic and I achieved everything through diet-only. I do walk on occasion, but the gym or jogging in public is off-limits to me right now, mentally it terrifies me...BUT I understand the importance of exercise and hope to do it soon.

I had 2 kids and topped off at about 190 -195 pounds, BMI 29-30ish. (I do have stretchmarks, some new moms at r/progresspics wanted to know) NSFW: https://imgur.com/a/9owuhQD

I tried to lose weight for years, just bouncing back and forth until I realized I needed to pay attention to my body and the way it responded to food. Huge eye opener, and I learned a few things that I remind myself every day, even now.

Food and sugar addiction is real and should be treated as such. You are NOT lazy, you are not a slob or a fatass or anything horrible that horrible people like to say. Your body grows accustom to the foods you like and eat and craves more of it. It's perfectly normal. But it can be an addiction. If there is anything you personally would like to eat less of, treat it like an addiction and cut it out for a few weeks. The withdrawals will come -- the cravings! THEY SUCK. But with me, after a few weeks of going cold turkey, the cravings disappeared completely. I cannot stand greasy, salty pizza anymore....that used to be my favorite food!

CICO. We all have that magic daily number we hit, and our bodies will start storing the calories. I always think of calories in terms of money. Would you rather spend your money on a bunch of little cheap crappy things that will break soon, or would you rather pool your money and buy something fantastic and durable that will last? My food is straight to the point: protein, fats, and a little bit of carbs. I cannot snack because it's so easy to lose track and have all those "little" purchases add up.

Hunger pains are hugely hormonal. i had never understood why people cut carbs and swear by it. But seeing how much carbs cause hunger for me, it's easy now. Blood sugar spikes and drops make me horribly hungry. 200 calories of white bread is nothing compared to the hunger spike I feel in a few hours, and what I end up eating. I have not cut carbs completely, but I do prefer to eat them later in the day, so I am not feeling those spikes all day.

Natural appetite suppressants when things get rough! Black tea is a natural appetite suppressant, and I drink it every day! With whole milk and whipped cream, even. It's all about CICO, you can still have things you love!

If anyone has any other input, feel free to PM me! Or comment, (I know some things are probably scientifically questionable.) I am just going by what I noticed and what works for me!

Much love and best of luck!

submitted by /u/togie_inst
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ILiO5N

No comments:

Post a Comment