Saturday, March 9, 2019

Alternatives to comfort eating

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about developing non-eating habits for comfort. My job has me moving to a new place where I don’t know anyone roughly every year or so. I made a move a few weeks ago, and every day has been a struggle so far. I’m feeling lonely and isolated and a little bored, and I’ve found myself having small to medium binge episodes almost every night. Even with the binges, I’m only ending up slightly above maintenance, but I can see this escalating soon if things don’t get better.

I want to stop and figure out a way to deal with my emotions better, particularly if this is something I’m just going to go through once a year for the next few years.

For reference, I’ve developed a pretty complicated relationship with food over the last 4 years, mostly due to an endless pursuit of weight loss. I feel a lot of shame about my food control issues.

I wish I had the money for therapy, but I don’t. Hoping some of you might have some words of wisdom.

submitted by /u/poetichotdogs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UuF2dM

No comments:

Post a Comment