Monday, March 11, 2019

Bad habits. One at a time or all at once?

I have been working on weight loss and regaining my health, both mentally and physically. I have worked really hard at the nutrition piece and the exercise piece by slowly integrating good habits into my life and I have been doing well with this. Weight loss isn't huge but I'm okay with that because I know that I am doing this by introducing the lifestyle change and not a diet. Drinking has been a huge hiccup in my progress and I have cut that down significantly. I want to cut it back down more. Like perhaps not drinking at all. I have some concerns with this as my husband is a big drinker and my friends are drinkers and I feel like it would change the relationship between us. I'm also a very heavy smoker. I have been wanting to quit for a long time but I don't for the same reasons. All my friends and my husband are smokers and it's a social thing. I am also terrified that I'm going to gain weight if I quit. I am getting to the point though that these bad habits need to go. I feel better because I'm eating better and exercising but I want to live the whole healthy lifestyle. How can I tell people I believe in healthy living with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other?

Basically, my question is - is it easier to jump into a healthy lifestyle with both feet or tackle one thing at a time? I don't want to set myself up to fail by giving up too much at once but these two bad habits also go hand in hand with each other.

submitted by /u/abby1kimono
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VQq3ef

No comments:

Post a Comment